May 21, 2009

Indroducing Elder Derek Stott


Arriving at the MTC already looking very missionary like.


Getting the low down.


The official name tag. So exciting. Look closely, it's in Spanish.

Putting that name tag on wasn't as easy as it would seem. In more ways than one, ha ha.

Elder Stott with his proud Dad.

Our trip to Utah was quick but rewarding. I felt privileged to be able to share in Derek's incredibly momentous occasion. The spirit there was so strong and it was filled with so many loving people I know Derek will be well cared for and learn more in his two month than many of us will in a lifetime.
We had a great trip and learned some new things. Did you know that the MTC has its own dairy of 300 cows because they go through 400 gallons of milk a week and I thought we went through a lot of milk when the boys are here at home.
I will admit I wrote Derek a letter as soon as I got home (thank you dearelder.com) Two years is a long time. I am still waiting for it to sink in. I am sure when Devyn leaves in a few weeks it will really hit home. I do feel a little selfish for missing them so much. I got them for 19 years, I suppose I can spare 2 for such a good cause. At least that is what I say today. On a bad day I may deny saying it. Just warning you.

Don't for get to write Derek
www.dearelder.com/ElderDerekStott

1 comment:

yvonne enger said...

I know you must be very proud of your son. I remember teaching both boys in primary, what fond memorys. I have enjoyed watching them grow into very nice young men. They are very blessed to have such great parents.