Sep 19, 2008

3 down, 2 to go

Well it has been a crazy past few months here. The twins started college. Can you believe it! Seems like just yesterday I was chasing them around to keep them out of trouble. Now they are on their own and keeping themselves out of trouble and as far as I know. They are doing just great. Derek is attending BYU and pursing a degree in Psychiatry. Devyn is attending BYU Idaho and studying Physics and Electrical Engineering. Soon after they left Britany left to visit her husband, Luis, in Guatemala. Boy was our house quiet, well as quiet as it can be with 2 girls under the age of 13. We are all starting to adapt, each in our own way. I think the hardest thing for me, besides missing the boys, has been learning to grocery shop for 4 or 5. And lets face it the boys counted as 2 each. I amazed everytime I open the fridge and there is still milk in there. Derek calls and texts me every couple of days. Devyn texts and sends pictures quite a bit also. My favorite was of the hideous orange plaid recliner he purchase for $20 to go in his dorm room. I am not sure it was worth $20 but it works for him. Needless to say our whole family are very proud of them and glad they are having positive experiences. I love to hear about the devotionals they attend and the excitement that follows. It is just not an experience you can get anywhere else to have one of the general authorities speak specifically to you and the students at your school. In some ways I envy them but mostly I am just exited for them.

No comments: