Nov 3, 2008

2nd Year Aniversary

Yesterday we attended a 2nd anniversary of the Diaz family being deported/Monica getting her visa and coming home/Jenny's Birthday. It was great to be in a home or area with everyone in a mostly positive light. Where in the past it felt more and more like we were fighting a loosing battle. Our hopes have been restored in Monica's return. Just getting to hug her whenever we want is incredible. We celebrated with food and food and more food and then cake. Being together. The whole gang again gives me new hope that my son-in-law will be here soon. That doesn't mean it will be an easy road for Britany and Luis. They still have a lot of hoops to jump through. I am finding it is a different dynamic being the parent of an adult child. You can't kiss it and make it better. You have to stand back and support, and when they need you, you jump. When their heart breaks yours does too. I am constantly amazed at the fortitude of my daughter and now my son. I am so proud of them. I really don't know if I could do what they are doing. But I know I am going to be there until the whole family is home where they belong.

No comments: